Jun 26, 2007

BSWC One-a-Day: Jan Turkenburg - Awakening (Sending Packages to the moon)

:: WM Recordings :: releases :: WM065 Jan Turkenburg - Packages to the moon

What an opportunity! I get to blog a WM Recordings new release before Subsystem gets to it. I was crossing my fingers yesterday when this was released, hoping that he wouldn't post it. And, here I am today.

Jan Turkenburg is very cool, indeed. I first discovered his particular brand of cutting and pasting at Comfort Stand and have since enjoyed his contributions to WM Recordings.

A school teacher, Turkenburg does his thing in Zwolle, Overijssel, The Netherlands.

A recurring theme in his work is space travel (this includes a lovely little number mixing a children's chorus with samples from various versions of the TeeVee show, Star Trek). This release's title track is space related and I wanted to share it.

Jan Turkenburg - Awakening (Sending Packages to the moon)

No comments: